Staying at the Poor Knights overnight on one of our Liveaboards is a magical experience. Once the other boats have departed for the day you can enjoy the tranquility of the Islands at your leisure. Please note that the Poor Knights Islands are a Nature reserve and it is strictly forbidden to go ashore. Overnight liveaboard diving trips to the Poor Knights allow you to do more dives per day at the Poor Knights, including sunrise and sunset diving.
Liveaboard Dive Trips 2017
Our next liveaboard overnight dive trip during the month of June is this coming Queens Birthday weekend. Saturday 3rd/Sunday 4th June. Book and pay your deposit via our online booking system.
Our Liveaboard Dive Boat
Our 16m dive boat, Pacific Hideaway, is perfectly suited for overnight liveaboard diving trips to the Poor Knights Islands for up to 12 passengers. A combination of divers and non-divers are welcome on board. Snorkelling and kayaking is available for non-divers.
Overnight Liveaboard Diving Trip Details
- We meet at 8.15am on the first day of the trip, load gear, complete the paperwork, sight cert cards/log books, give a safety brief and get underway
- Depending on your requirements for any course work you may have going on, we can dive on the Waikato for the first dive or head straight out to the Poor Knights Islands (wreck dives on the HMS Waikato are all weather dependent as the site is very exposed)
- We are happy to discuss your dive preferences with you and plan with what is going to work best for your group
- PADI Advanced Open Water training available
- Depending on how motivated and organised the group is, you can have up to 4 dives (including a night dive for anyone certified AOW or above) on the first day and 3 on the second
- Return to Tutukaka around 5pm on the second day
- We provide fresh clean bedding and towels
- The sleeping arrangements are split over 4 double berths (ideal for couples or friends who don’t mind sharing) and then the remainder is shared on mattresses in the saloon
- Please note we do not have separate cabins onboard
- We provide and prepare all your food for the journey but do not supply alcoholic beverages
Poor Knights Liveaboard Diving Prices
|2 days, 1 night Liveaboard||Max No. Dives||Price|
|All own gear||7||$550|
|Including tank & weights||7||$650|
|Including full gear||7||$750|
|3 days, 2 nights Liveaboard||Max No. Dives||Price|
|All own gear||11||$840|
|Including tanks & weights||11||$990|
|Including full gear||11||$1,130|
Please note that evidence of dive certification is required for all divers and we require all our divers to have dived within the last 12 months depending on experience (same day refreshers are available, contact Jo for pricing). Non-diving customers are welcome on the boat at the “all own gear” cost.
Single tank dive fills are included in the above prices, please note there will be an additional cost for twin tanks based on $10 per tank.
Let us know if you are interested in finding out when our next liveaboard trip is taking place. Alternatively liveaboard charters are available by prior arrangement. Please complete the enquiry form or contact us for more information.