PADI Advanced Open Water Course
- 5 dives including 2 compulsory (Deep and Navigation)
- Upgrade available on our Liveaboard trips, this is a fantastic way to enjoy a night dive at the Poor Knights.
- Cost $600 per person including PADI e-Learning and certification costs
- eLearning needs to be completed a week before the course starts
- Before we can allow you to start training we will require your completed medical statement and GP consent if any medical issues arise
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver eLearning is a convenient way for you to complete the independent study portion of your Advanced Open Water Diver course from a laptop/desktop computer or mobile device.
The best experience is to study online. Don’t worry though, if you have have inconsistent or poor internet services, (such as when commuting or traveling) you can download content to study offline via the PADI Training app.
PADI Advacned Open Water Diver eLearning provides the basic knowledge and safety concepts required to make the two required dives (Deep and Underwater Navigation Adventure Dives), and up to 11 other popular Adventure Dives.
Our Liveaboard trips with up to seven dives are the perfect platform for your Advanced Open Water Course. We can provide the following electives:
- Boat dive
- Digital Underwater Imaging with your own camera provided
- Dry Suit with your own dry suit provided
- Fish Identification is recommended
- Night dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy recommended
- Search and Recovery is loads of fun
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy
- Underwater Naturalist.
PADI Advavnced Open Water Diver eLearning includes all of the required study materials for the Advanced Open Water Diver course including:
- Content from the Advanced Open Water Diver Manual in a dynamic, interactive environment
- Integrated Advanced Open Water Diver Video
- All assessments (Knowledge Reviews, Exercise Questions, and eRecord)
- Training Log Book (starting June 2020)
- PADI Multipurpose Data Carrier Slate (pdf)
- Theoretical Depth and Altitude Chart -metric and imperial (PDF)
- Basic Weighting Guidelines (PDF)
DEVICE INFO: The PADI Training app is available for Apple® iOS devices and Android™ devices. It’s best if devices are no more than three generations old. Content can be downloaded in small sections with a total content size of approximately 540 MB.
We offer a range of other dive training options.
Try Dive at the Poor Knights
Single Try Dive at the Poor Knights Marine Reserve including gear hire. There is nothing quite like breathing underwater for the first time. It does take a little getting used to but after a few minutes of amazement, you will see what all the hype is about. That feeling of weightlessness, seeing the fish up close and just seeing if scuba diving is an activity you might like to continue with in the future, a Try Dive is a great way to take the plunge without committing to a PADI Open Water Course. More info…
For divers who haven’t dived in the last 12 months. Purchase a PADI eLearning course for yourself and complete the classroom portion at your own pace – anytime, anywhere. You can then book a Dive Trip with us to do your in-water refresher at the beautiful Poor Knight Marine Reserve. Our Instructors will go over the basic dive skills and practice a few safety-related skills with you to regain confidence under water. Find out more…
More Dive Training
- Rescue Diver – If you want to gain more confidence in your diving skills or want to take your dive career to the next level, you can train to be a rescue diver.
- Specialty Dive Training – includes Underwater Navigator, Deep Diver, Boat Diver, Night Diving, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Cavern Diver, Digital Underwater Photographer, Wreck Diver