All the family can join us, get active or just kick back and relax!
Family Special Package – 2 Adults/2 Children – $500
(children under 15 years of age)
What to expect on the day:
- We meet at 8.15am at the boat on the Marina. There is some paper work to be completed, if you require gear, we do that too and then load it onboard. Just before we depart there will be a safety brief and then we get underway
- The trip will take around an hour to the Poor Knights Marine Reserve
- We will visit 2 different sites so that you can experience the variety the Poor Knights has to offer
- We supply tea, coffee, drinking water and soup all day long, however would recommend you bring a cut lunch to keep you going. Salt Air Café in Ngunguru (a small beachside town before Tutukaka) has sandwiches and other lovely lunches ready made or alternatively there is a local store in Tutukaka for sandwiches, wraps and other supplies.
- During the lunch break/surface interval we do a tour of the Islands, into caves, shafts etc so that everyone will have a chance to enjoy the sightseeing as well
- We return to Tutukaka around 4.00pm
We have all the gear you need for a great day out including:
- mask & snorkels
- wetsuits (for hire)
Adults on board are classified as anyone over 12 years of age.
Possible highlights of a day trip with Yukon at the Poor Knights Islands:
- snorkelling in the Poor Knights Marine Reserve – the clear deep waters allow you to see plenty of fish and soft coral from the surface if you prefer not to dive
- a visit to Riko Riko Cave
- kayaking around the Poor Knights marine reserve – with the clear waters for the marine reserve you can observe an abundance of sea life from your kayak
- spotting dolphins or whales enroute to the islands if they are passing through
- seeing the iconic Poor Knights Lily in bloom or seals and birds on the cliffs of the Islands
- sightseeing from the boat and leaning about the history and nature reserve.
- Please note that the Poor Knights Islands are a Nature reserve and it is strictly forbidden to go ashore.
- enjoy the camaraderie of a smaller group aboard the boat and the relaxed and friendly atmosphere created by our team
If you aren’t PADI certified but would like to try diving at the Poor Knights Islands Yukon can offer you a special 30 minute Try Dive with a qualified PADI Dive Instructor during your trip.
Prices for Sightseeing and Snorkelling Trips to the Poor Knights
|Full Day Trip Type||No. of Dives||Dive Cert. Required?||Price|
|Poor Knights Trip including full equipment||2||Yes||$NZ310|
|Poor Knights Trip including tanks & weights||2||Yes||$NZ255|
|Poor Knights Trip with all own gear||2||Yes||$NZ200|
|Try Dive (with instructor) Trip including full equipment||1||No||$NZ340|
|Adult Sightseeing/Snorkel/Kayak Trip including gear*||0||No||$NZ200|
|Child under 12 (non-diving) trip including gear*||0||No||$NZ100|
|Junior OW Diver||2||Yes||$NZ360|
|*Snorkel Gear includes Mask, Snorkel and Fins.|